Friday 12 February 2010

A Serious Lack Of Work

I sit at my desk staring at the blank screen, waiting for an email to come in... Waiting. You know that saying, a watched pot never boils? Well I think you know what I'm trying to get at. Every minute feels like a life time. I watch intently as every, individual minute creeps past.
And then, as if from no where, an email appears. With a sudden rush of excitement I devour the booking like I'm eating a cream cake whole, so happy to have something to do that I forget to savour the moment.
As I hit send the devastating realisation of what I've just done hits me. I'm left staring at the bare inbox, once again. I try with all my inner strength not to look at the clock for fear of what I might find, but my eyes are drawn to it like a fly drawn to an electric blue light. The out come is sure to be certain misery and still I can't help but steal a glance. Four minutes have passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment